NO JOY Aastra scripts with Purple

rchalk

Reaction score
Running Purple on RentPBX. Asterisk 1.8.23.1 Centos 6.4 FreePBX 2.11.0.38.
Installed the Aastra scripts 2.3.1, and seemed to go ok. Set to Device/User mode, and set up one device/user combination. When I start the phone, it goes through the initial startup, updates firmware, and asks for Device ID and Password. I entered these, and the phone proceeds to show the extension name, but says No Service, and a Login key is displayed. Trying to log in manually fails with a busy signal, and Call Failed.

Anyone know what I need to look at to fix this?

Thanks,
Richard

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I know back in the day when I used a 57i that I didn't need to do Device&User mode. I could just login/out as long as the scripts were installed.

rchalk

Reaction score
I have been using it so that users on the system can change extensions depending on which office they are in. Everything works fine on an earlier version (Silver) I was just hoping that I could update, but maybe not...

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
If you're going to update, I'd go with Green (11.x) as Purple (1.8.x) will be EOL here in not too long. See the list below. If I recall correctly, Silver was 1.4. That's really old. The only ones that are in support right now are 1.8, 11, and 12. Everything else is in SFO or EOL. Not something I'd want to run in production unless I absolutely had to (and at that rate with absolutely NO internet exposure).

And as for why it doesn't work, I'm not sure. Does anything show in the logs?
And at that rate, not sure if the Aastra scripts will work. I think I had them working with Purple, but it's been so long I don't remember. I do know someone hosted them on GitHub for posterity's sake. Link is here somewhere.

OX2M5Vg.png

sko001

Reaction score
When I switched to device/user all my extensions were split with the same reference ID for the user and the device. When activating the 57i you have to make sure to use the ID and secret from the devices tab, not the ID and password from the user page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.