FUNNY STUFF And I Thought AT&T's Music on Hold was Bad

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Was poking around to find some different Music on Hold and came across this gem. I must say that I would go nuts after about 10 seconds of this if someone actually used it. LINK (mp3)

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
rossiv

At least it's different. :) There are only so many times one can take the muzak version of "Muskrat Love", anyway.

drmurdoch

Reaction score
Was poking around to find some different Music on Hold and came across this gem. I must say that I would go nuts after about 10 seconds of this if someone actually used it. LINK (mp3)

I always use 8000hz 16-bit mono WAV and have no problems. Can't answer for MP3. I'd just convert them before uploading. Any reason you need MP3?

Do you have a good one for an office ? Nice and tranquil ... but enough sound so that people know they are still on hold. :)

drmurdoch

Reaction score
As for what to play, that will depend on what image you want to project to your callers. Regardless of your choice, you should keep some things in mind:
  • People don’t actually want to be on hold, so they are not usually planning to be there for long. This means that there is not much point in providing them with a mind-expanding musical experience. If things go as they hope, they won’t be there long enough to get into it.
  • The fidelity on a phone system does not allow for accurate reproduction of tones. Heavy bass generally sounds terrible, and high frequencies will typically just end up as noise. Keep the music simple, and it is more likely to sound good.
  • Musical tastes are as varied as people, and while it might be nice to try and cover a wide range of styles, music that is too eclectic is more likely to annoy than enlighten.
Classical music addresses all of the above criteria, and it is easy to obtain. It also sounds classy (go figure!), so it is a pretty safe choice, although we’ll admit it doesn’t usually score any points in the hipness department.

----
Agree !

I need a boring classical 8000hz 16-bit mono WAV :)

drmurdoch

Reaction score
Classic FreePBX.
FreePBX.music.on.hold.cant.listen.to.them.jpg

I'm trying to get rid of the default ones that are bad ... but I can't listen to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.